ARE YOU AN OLDER ADULT?
NEED A PRACTICAL EXERCISE PROGRAM TO SUIT YOUR AGE?
WANT TO TO FEEL GOOD AGAIN?
VITASTRENGTH IS PERFECT FOR YOU!
VitaStrength is an exercise program for older adults (50+) which incorporates functional movements, strength training, aerobic fitness, balance, flexibility and most importantly, a fun and sociable way to improve health and vitality.
It is a great way to prevent falls, dementia, depression and improve metabolic and cardiovascular health.
The elderly can gain a happier and more comfortable life from specialised fitness training
As you grow older, leading an active lifestyle is more important than ever. Regular exercise can help boost your energy, maintain your independence, and manage the symptoms of any illness or pain. Exercise can even reverse some of the symptoms of ageing. And not only is exercise good for your body—it’s also good for your mind, mood, and memory. No matter your age, your health, or your fitness level, any senior can benefit from moving more. Whether you are generally healthy or are managing an illness, there are many ways to get more active, improve confidence, and boost your fitness level. Exercise is the key to healthy ageing.
Physical health benefits of senior exercise and fitness
- Exercise helps seniors maintain or lose weight. As metabolism naturally slows with age, maintaining a healthy weight is a challenge. Exercise helps increase metabolism and builds muscle mass, helping to burn more calories. When your body reaches a healthy weight, overall wellness improves.
- Exercise reduces the impact of illness and chronic disease. Among the many benefits of exercise for seniors include improved immune function, better heart health and blood pressure, better bone density, and better digestive functioning. Seniors who exercise also have a lowered risk of several chronic conditions including Alzheimer’s disease, diabetes, obesity, heart disease, osteoporosis, and colon cancer.
- Exercise enhances mobility, flexibility, and balance in seniors. Exercise improves your strength, flexibility and posture, which in turn will help with balance, coordination, and reducing the risk of falls. Strength training also helps alleviate the symptoms of chronic conditions such as arthritis.
Mental health benefits of senior exercise and fitness
- Exercise improves your sleep. Poor sleep is not an automatic consequence of ageing and quality sleep is important for your overall health. Exercise often improves sleep, helping you fall asleep more quickly and sleep more deeply.
- Exercise boosts mood and self-confidence. Endorphins produced by exercise can actually help you feel better and reduce feelings of sadness or depression. Being active and feeling strong naturally helps you feel more self-confident and sure of yourself.
- Exercise is good for the brain. Exercise benefits regular brain functions and can help keep the brain active, which can prevent memory loss, cognitive decline, and dementia. Exercise may even help slow the progression of brain disorders such as Alzheimer’s disease.
As you age, regular exercise is more important than ever to your body and mind. Committing to a routine of physical activity is one of the healthiest decisions you can make. Before you get moving, though, consider how best to be safe. You may have heard exercise is important for children and older adults, but don’t know where to begin? You’re not alone. Fortunately, the experts at K1Sport are here to help! They have the knowledge and experience to create exercise programs and schedules for both the different needs of the older adults and children. So get moving!
For more information please call 9858 3878 or 0419 545 083 or email email@example.com
Interested in Active April 2018 activities in Manningham?
Find out about Active April 2018 on the City of Manningham website and register on Active Aprl website.